Sumary of Antarctic cruise company abandons Ushuaia and moves to Punta Arenas:
- Silversea announced a release in which it makes official its Antarctic cruise operations during the 2021/22 season, following an agreement with Chilean officials.
- This means that Silver Cloud and Silver Wind will be sailing from Punta Arenas and Silver Explorer from the Chilean Puerto Williams in November as scheduled.
- Adding Puerto Williams as a new departure port, together with our exclusive service of private flights with Santiago, is evidence of our commitment to unlocking expedition experiences to Antarctica with an unprecedented comfort, said Conrad Combrink, Silversea senior vice-president of Expeditions, Operations and Destinations.
- As part of the package, Silversea passengers will leave from a private terminal in Santiago in an exclusive flight to Puerto Williams, enjoying from the air an extraordinary landscape and an excellent gourmet experience.
- The private flights are provided by the association of Silversea and DAP Antarctic Airways.
- The association of Silversea cruises with an airline is the result of a decision from Chilean sanitary authorities strict measures.