Sumary of Does The Crash Of A Disneyland Helicopter Airline 50 Years Ago Still Have Lessons To Teach Today?:
- American producer, director, and animator Walt Disney (1901 – 1966) prepares to board a helicopter .
- [+] bound for his theme park Disneyland, under construction in Anaheim, California, circa 1955. (Photo by Archive Photos/Getty Images) Getty Images The idea of vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) vehicles flying over snarled traffic, saving passengers hours on the road, is a persistent one.
- In 2019, Uber Elevate, a division of the rideshare giant, promised a rollout of air vehicles in initial markets of Los Angeles and Dallas-Ft.
- But few realize that a scheduled VTOL airline was a going concern in 1960’s Los Angeles, before it literally went down in flames.
- Los Angeles has been the scene of some high-profile civilian helicopter disasters.
- The January 2020 crash of a Sikorsky S-76B helicopter that killed NBA star Kobe Bryant and 8 other people in Calabasas, CA is certainly the most notorious.