Sumary of [EVENT] FilAm Arts presents ’Tikim Fest,’ a month-long Filipino culinary experience in SoCal :
- FilAm ARTS (The Association for the Advancement of Filipino American Arts and Culture) in partnership with Farmfluence and Los Angeleno presents the first “Tikim Fest,” a month-long celebration of Filipino arts and culture through culinary experiences across the Southland.
- ” Tikim is the Tagalog word for Taste,” says Marcelline “Marcie” Taylor, FilAm Arts board member.
- “We want to highlight, celebrate and illuminate Filipinx History through the lens of food with some of Southern California’s best chefs,” added FilAm Arts Executive Director Giselle Tongi-Walters.
- To close out the month-long Tikim Fest, FilAm Arts is partnering with Farmfluence and Alma Backyard Farms to produce the ultimate Sunday Funday Brunch experience.
- Farmfluence is a Filipino-founded content-to-table platform with a mission to shine the light on our local farmers and make high-quality organic produce accessible through engaging content.