Sumary of In Some Markets, Vacation Rentals Take Off During Covid-19 Remote Work Trend:
- Vacation home rentals are growing in destination markets like Palm Springs, California.
- Vacation home rentals really hit their stride during the Covid-19 pandemic as many people switched to remote work.
- The ability to juggle personal and professional pursuits under the same roof continues to take center stage, even as many people return some parts of their life to “normal.” According to a recent Bankrate story, there is a growing trend of homeowners in vacation areas, especially in outdoor-friendly destinations, looking to rent their homes to visitors.
- His company rents vacation homes in destination markets like Palm Springs and has seen tremendous growth during the pandemic.
- He reports many repeat visitors staying in his company’s rental homes multiple times per month, often for at least five nights at a time.
- He and his husband finally purchased their dream home, named Golden Grove, in Palm Springs.
- The warm-weather destination has always been a favorite vacation destination for them, but their office jobs held them back from making a second-home purchase.
- MORE FOR YOU During the pandemic, a Seattle couple purchased “Golden Grove” in Palm Springs as a second home and …