Sumary of Knock, knock. Who’s there? Not housekeeping.:
- By Andrea Sachs, Leon Neal Getty Images During the pandemic, hotels have been shifting away from daily housekeeping to cleaning every few days or by request.
- When guests arrive at the Kennebunkport Captains Collection, a quartet of historical mansions in Maine, the front desk staff will provide several details about the accommodations: on-site parking, the WiFi password and the breakfast hours.
- Before the global health crisis, the 45-room Captains Collection offered daily housekeeping, a standard across the hospitality industry.
- Since the onset of the pandemic, hotels of all sizes and price points have been scaling back this service to every few nights and allowing guests to determine the frequency of attention.
- For example, the We Care Clean program, which Best Western Hotels &
- Resorts unveiled last spring, states: “For guest and employee safety and well-being, daily housekeeping service is by request.