Sumary of New Bike Routes Added In 5 States, Largest Growth To U.S. Bicycle Route System:
- The U.S. Bicycle Route System is a developing complex of officially recognized, publicly-accessible .
- Adventure Cycling Association Eighteen new bike routes in five states have been designated, adding nearly 3,000 miles to the U.S. Bicycle Route System, a developing complex of officially recognized, publicly-accessible bicycle travel paths across the country.
- The latest routes — in California, Indiana, Ohio, Utah, and Washington State — represent the largest addition to the bike network to date, both in number and total mileage.
- The news was announced on Monday by the Adventure Cycling Association.
- “With this addition of nearly 3,000 miles, the U.S. Bicycle Route System continues to pick up momentum — and the growth of the system benefits every person who has, is, or will be traveling by bike,” Scott Pankratz, executive director of Adventure Cycling, said in a statement.
- In addition, at least 40 states are currently developing routes.