Sumary of Review: Calilo Resort, Ios Island (Greece):
- A resort like no other, Calilo is created by the Michalopoulous family whose is led by former Wall Street trader Angelos Michalopoulos.
- Besides Calilo, the family’s company called Luxurios owns a second hotel, the Agalia Luxury Suites, and several bars, restaurants and beach clubs on the island.
- Every design element at Calilo is created by its owner Angelos Michalopoulos and aimed at stirring emotions among its guests.
- Calilo features 32 uniquely designed suites, all featuring hand-crafted mosaics, scalloped tiles, driftwood-inspired chairs and waves of marble (most suites also have private pools).
- To top it all, there was a private swimming pool made from 65,000 pieces of marble.
- Although most guests prefer to relax by their private pool or on the beach during the day, Calilo also boasts an enormous lagoon-shaped swimming pool for those in need of some more water fun.