Sumary of The best (and most eccentric) motorhomes, from converted horseboxes to 140mph super-vans:
- Our staycation summer has seen tent-filled campsites up and down the land as many people have turned to holidays in the great outdoors to avoid extortionate cottage rental prices and hotel rates.
- Motorhome holidays have boomed, with Volkswagen alone reporting a 621 per cent year-on-year increase in sales of its highly popular VW California vans (from £52,000).
- Dealers in second-hand vehicles are just about sold out — and motorhome sales as a whole are said to be up by about 40 per cent annually, with rentals leaping by a similar percentage.
- It was originally used to transport Shetland ponies and was converted into a home in 2017, after which it was lived in by a family for three years.
- The converted Nissan — called Spoot — drives silently between campsites without upsetting your eco-conscience and has a plug-in range of 120 miles.
- SMALL IS BEAUTIFULA tiny converted van could be the UK’s smallest motorhome.