Sumary of The countries British tourists still can’t go to even as the travel red list is slashed:
- Peru, Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Dominican Republic, Haiti and Panama are now the only countries on the UK’s travel red list.
- Travellers returning from those destinations will need to quarantine in an expensive Government hotel.
- The UK Government website states that travel is only permitted for limited essential reasons.
- Britons are able to enter for a few limited reasons including diplomatic service.
- Grant Shapps has said he hopes to bring the change before the end of the UK half-term as travel experts fear families may have to fork out for PCRs.
- All UK travellers are advised to check the Government website before setting off as restrictions can change rapidly.