Sumary of Will Disasters Like Disneyland Helicopter Airline And Kobe Crashes Impact EVTOL Future?:
- American producer, director, and animator Walt Disney (1901 – 1966) prepares to board a helicopter .
- But in Southern California, a history of helicopter crashes like the one that killed Kobe Bryant flashes a caution light.
- In 2019, Uber Elevate, a division of the rideshare giant, promised a rollout of air vehicles in initial markets of Los Angeles and Dallas-Ft.
- But few realize that a scheduled VTOL airline (using helicopters) was a going concern in 1960’s Los Angeles, before literally going down in flames.
- Los Angeles has been the scene of high-profile civilian helicopter disasters.
- The January 2020 crash of a Sikorsky S-76B helicopter that killed NBA star Kobe Bryant and 8 other people in Calabasas is certainly the most notorious.