Sumary of 8 Places To Visit In Georgetown That Make Penang A Jewel In Malaysia’s Crown:
- 8 Best Places To Visit In Georgetown The places to visit in Georgetown listed below provide a unique insight into the delectable Chinese history that over time mingled with British colonial prowess, and then ultimately a warm-hearted Malaysian cultural embrace.
- After a small glance at the Georgetown tourist map, travelers can ascertain how this place made its journey from a humble fishing village to a UNESCO World Heritage site that is adored by locals and foreigners alike who take repeated vacations in this vivacious city.
- 1. Kek Lok Si Temple Image Source Probably among the most revered places to visit in Georgetown, Kek Lok Si Temple holds the honor of being the largest Buddhist temple in Southeast Asia.
- Apart from being a temple with tremendous religious significance for the large population of Buddhists in Singapore, Malaysia, and Hong Kong, this temple boasts of a marvelous seven-story pagoda along with its 10,000 Bronze statues of Buddha.
- For travelers who love to be immersed in nature, the Kek Lok Si Temple complex is filled with intricate architecture and lush-green horticulture that spreads over 30 acres on the foot of the Air Itam Mountain.
- INR 70 (incline lift to see the statue) Must Read: 3 Tea Plantations In Malaysia: A Refreshing Visual Indulgence For Nature Lovers 2. Penang Hill Image Source Penang Hill is the most ideal place for adventure seekers, and outdoorsy travelers for an enjoyable weekend of Georgetown sightseeing.