Sumary of Vacationers are flocking to treehouses:
- Treehouses that let adults sleep close to the stars seem to be having a moment, as Americans’ craving for wide-open spaces coincides with a rise in treehouse accommodations driven by revenue-seeking vacation property owners..
- Schroeder, who loves to include offbeat rentals in her far-flung family reunion itineraries, rendezvoused with two of her sisters and a niece at one of the three treehouses built by Linda and Dave Klug in their swath of forest in the southeast Ohio Hocking Hills region..
- Of its 100,000 current listings aggregated from numerous national vacation-rental services, VacationRenter.com offers 4,780 properties that include the terms “treehouse”.
- Rental platforms rely on property owners to accurately describe their properties, but treehouses have such a strong appeal that some owners use the term “treehouse”.
- The bait-and-switch tangles the count of actual treehouses and irritates travelers and legitimate treehouse owners alike..
- The ideal setting, said Ash and treehouse owners, is a gentle slope that allows for a parking pad connected to the house by a suspended bridge..
- Renting wasn’t on Susan Leopold mind a few years ago, however, when she realized she had a good setup for a grown-up treehouse on her rural Linden, Va., spread near Shenandoah National Park….