Sumary of American Airlines CEO shows up at Southwest flight attendant’s wedding a year after their viral meeting:
- One year ago, Southwest Airlines flight attendant JacqueRae Sullivan was feeling overwhelmed by events in the United States following the death of George Floyd..
- She drove to Dallas Love Field for a flight to Panama City on Friday, praying for some ray of hope or understanding..
- JacqueRae Hill — as she was known before her marriage to Rashard Sullivan this Memorial Day weekend — had a life-changing encounter with passenger Doug Parker on that day’s flight, and their story went viral..
- One year later, her new friend — the CEO of American Airlines — attended her wedding, and met with Sullivan and Sullivan’s mother Patti Anderson, an American Airlines attendant..
- Books are magic Sullivan told CNN last year that when the flight started boarding, she performed her usual safety checks, greeting passengers with a hello and a smile that her eyes had to deliver, because she was wearing a mask..
- Parker scribbled a note to Sullivan before deplaning, expressing his gratitude and pleasure at having met and spoken with her..
- Sullivan’s mother Patti, as an American Airlines employee, Anderson contacted Doug Parker to express her gratitude for the moment he shared with her daughter on the flight — and for the hug..
- Parker finished his reply by thanking Anderson for thanking him, “I was the one who was blessed by that conversation.”…