Sumary of 664,000 tourists travel during Pchum Ben public holiday:
- Tourism Minister Thong Khon said among the tourists are about 660,000 locals and 4,700 foreigners living in the country.
- The most popular destinations were the coastal provinces of Kampot, Kep and Preah Sihanouk, and the cultural province of Siem Reap, among others.
- Cambodian Prime Minister Samdech Techo Hun Sen said on October 8 that allowing people to travel freely during the Pchum Ben holiday was a test of the kingdom’s success or failure in the COVID-19 battle.
- The Southeast Asian nation launched a COVID-19 inoculation drive in February, with China being the key vaccine supplier.
- To date, the country had administered at least one vaccine dose to 13.45 million people, or 84 percent of its 16 million population.
- “”According to an observation, two-thirds of the dead persons had not been vaccinated,” the prime minister said.