Sumary of Tanzania: Tourism Sector Heaves Sigh of Relief:
- THE government yesterday moved to reduce Tanzania Tourism Business Licence (TALA) for tour operators, a move it says will promote the country’s key for exearning sector..
- Presenting the 2021-2022 national budget in Dodoma yesterday, Finance and Planning Minister Mwigulu Nchemba announced his intention of reducing TALA for travel agents and tour operators, from 4.6m/-($2,000) to 1.1m/-($500)..
- On the other hand, the government intends to improve funding arrangement for Tanzania National Parks (TANAPA), Ngorongoro Conservation Area Authority (NCAA) and the Tanzania Wildlife Management Authority (TAWA) to increase efficiency in the discharge of their responsibilities..
- According to Dr Nchemba, the government will release funds for the three conservation agencies for Other Charges (OC) in advance for two months at the beginning of the financial year and thereafter, continue to provide monthly advances..
- “In particular, revenue from the three conservation agencies had declined following the slowdown of tourism activities as a result of Covid -19 effects to tourist source countries,”.
- Early last month, President Samia Suluhu Hassan held a virtual meeting with Managing Director, International Monetary Fund (IMF) Kristalina Georgieva to discuss economic and social cooperation including support in addressing the effects of Covid – 19…