Sumary of Three hidden gems in South Africa to explore this festive season:
- South Africa gears up for festive season travels: Three hidden gems to explore While many locals opt for coastal getaways during summer, these spots are often filled with thousands of like-minded tourists.
- Travel search site Cheapflights shared three hidden gems in South Africa that provide equally memorable experiences, from wine tasting in the Western Cape’s Boland, to starry nights in the Karoo.
- An area that boasts equally picturesque wine farms, and only an hour and a half outside of Cape Town, is Tulbagh.
- As a result of its rich soil, Tulbagh is home to many wine farms like Saronsberg and Twee Jonge Gezellen.
- It’s filled with so much cultural history, particularly around the indigenous people of South Africa, and its largely unspoiled landscape lends itself to some amazing opportunities to explore nature.