Sumary of D.O.T. hosts first hybrid MICE event, adventure travel in focus:
- The Department of Tourism (DOT) held the country first international MICE (meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions) event on May 27 via a hybrid set-up amid the challenges of travel restrictions..
- Tourism Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat delivers welcome remarks during the Pacific Asia Travel Association virtual Adventure Travel Conference and Mart (PATA-vATCM) 2021 summit at Hilton Clark Sun Valley Resort in Clark Freeport, Pampanga..
- The PATA travel mart is a niche event that brings together tourism stakeholders from the public and the private sector to discuss the creation of new opportunities in tourism amid the pandemic..
- According to Tourism Secretary Bernadette Romulo Puyat during its opening, this year hosting is a big leap in the pursuit of the safe reopening of the Philippines tourism destinations..
- Through a hybrid set up, the travel mart gathered 300 participants—60 of whom were only allowed on-site as adherence to minimum health standard protocols..
- Adventure in focus This year summit is focused on reviving adventure and responsible tourism as a specified tourism product..
- Puyat said, “Being primarily an outdoor activity, and with obvious resemblance to the baseline requirement for a healthy and safe travel, it presents an opportunity for a strong reversal and onward growth.”.
- Bengzon is optimistic about PHL adventure and nature-based tourist sites as these are open-air, low-density but high-value destinations….