Sumary of Filipino company bets big on South Korea's tourism:
- More than one year in, hotels and resorts are not able to operate at a full capacity due to a series of lockdowns and travel restrictions.
- One of these destinations is Vigan, the historic city located in Ilocos Sur.
- Vigan is one of the most popular tourism sites, often a must-see in the itinerary of first-time visitors to the Philippines.
- Vigan is unique among other towns because it is the country’s most extensive and only surviving historic city that dates back to the 16th century.
- The “heart” of Vigan’s tourism is located at Calle Crisologo, which is known for its cobblestone streets lined with museums, mansions, and shops.
- A few steps away is the Vigan Cathedral, which is admired for its baroque design.