Sumary of Digital firm to aid TAT:
- Being a private firm also means it can recruit more professional manpower by offering attractive salaries, aiming to drive Thai tourism towards digitalisation, he said.
- Another 40% share of ownership will be held by strategic partners in digital fields, while key tourism associations would be able to hold a 20% share, said Mr Yuthasak.
- He said digital asset exchange firms like Bitkub and Zipmex have showed interest in partnering in this kind of company.
- The key missions for the venture are to develop digital infrastructure for tourism, create big data for the industry, and launch utility tokens under TAT Coin or non-fungible tokens (NFTs) that cannot be used for trading.
- Mr Yuthasak said the Securities and Exchange Commission already approved the idea of the TAT Coin, which is similar to an e-voucher, but conducted via blockchain.