Sumary of Koh Tao, Phangan ease visitor entry rules:
- Koh Tao, Phangan ease visitor entry rules published : 14 Oct 2021 at 19:23 Koh Tao in Surat Thani.
- (Photo: Supapong Chaolan) SURAT THANI: Authorities have eased restrictions for people entering Koh Tao and Koh Phangan and they will take effect starting on Friday, said governor Witchawut Jinto.
- Mr Wichawut said the disease control centre of Koh Phangan district is in charge of the matter.
- It decided to ease the entry restrictions to stimulate tourism in preparation for a broader reopening in parts of the country from Nov 1. Upon arrival, people who received either one or two jabs must register online with Save Koh Phangan and Save Koh Tao to obtain a health pass.
- They will also need to download the Mor Chana app and use the related QR code to gain access to services and tourism venues on the island, Mr Wichawut said.
- Ramluek Asswachin, president of the Koh Tao Tourism Association, said 86% of people are fully vaccinated.