Sumary of No visa required: South Africans can now enter Zim with passport only:
- The African Union (AU) is an association of 55 countries on the African continent.
- AFRICAN CONTINENTAL FREE TRADE AREA The idea for a single passport for member countries in the AU was floated in 2016.
- The African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) officially came into effect in July 2019, but the launch of a single passport for the continent has been delayed due to several reasons including the global pandemic.
- African countries are starting to relax visa regimes for each other in order to boost trade and tourism on the continent.
- This move has been facilitated by the historic free trade agreement, AfCFTA, ratified by African Union (AU) member states.
- ZIMBABWE EASES ENTRY FOR SADC MEMBERS Zimbabwe is forging ahead by allowing free movement of people from across the Southern African region through its borders.