Sumary of Revised lockdown restrictions to have minimal impact on travellers:
- Most South Africans had for some time been expecting revised lockdown restrictions while the number of daily infections had been increasing substantially over the past weeks..
- On the advice of the coronavirus advisory committee, the government has decided to place the country under adjusted lockdown level 2..
- Previous lockdown restrictions included alcohol bans, beach bans, extended curfews, and the prohibition of events..
- These restrictions had severe impacts on the country tourism and hospitality sectors, causing huge financial losses for airlines, hotels and tourism providers..
- CHAOS CAUSED UNDER PREVIOUS LOCKDOWNS Previous revisions of lockdown restrictions caused chaos for most companies in the tourism sector..
- Restrictions severely impacted business operations for the country tourism and hospitality sectors which had been desperate to welcome tourists back after a disastrous 2020 with little to no revenue..
- This will mean that businesses such as restaurants and bars will have to close by 22:00 to enable staff and patrons to be home before curfew..
- However, the updated restrictions will not impact the alcohol sector as no alcohol ban has been announced under the revised restrictions….