Sumary of UK travellers vote Langebaan South Africa’s best beach:
- Data released by online travel planning platform Vacaay reveals that United Kingdom (UK) travellers would most like to visit Langebaan Beach.
- The beach was recently nominated as South Africa’s best beach in an online report released by Vacaay.
- This is good news for South Africa’s tourism sector, which is taking strain under the current lockdown restrictions, coupled with a severe lack of international tourists due to travel advisories and entry bans from several countries, including the United Kingdom.
- LANGEBAAN COMES OUT TOPS With more than 500 000 UK travellers creating their bucket-list itineraries via the trip planning platform, Vacaay reports that more British users included the Western Cape’s Langebaan Lagoon in their itinerary than any other beach in South Africa.
- “COVID-19 has made us rethink the way we travel, and more specifically, where we travel to,” Vacaay’s CEO Pete McKeon said.IMPACT OF COVID-19 While UK travellers do not seem to have forgotten about South Africa through the extended period during which they have been discouraged by UK authorities from visiting SA, they do however, appear to be keen on avoiding traditional hotspots such as Camps Bay and Clifton Beach, in favour of lesser frequented beaches outside of the main centres.
- Vacaay’s CEO Pete McKeon said COVID-19 has reshaped the tourism industry, with holidaymakers preferring to steer clear of built-up areas, in favour of more secluded destinations.