Sumary of Quarantine bill of £2,280 to come home labelled ‘dodgy transaction’ by bank:
- From a quarantine hotel, Derek said: “I spent three weeks in Turkey.
- ”The accommodation Derek is referring to is mandatory managed quarantine hotels for travellers entering the UK from a red list country.
- Many Britons returning to the UK during the pandemic have had to stay in managed quarantine hotels and the process, while not the most pleasant, is a Government requirement.
- ”Derek was already in the UK, and he was being transferred to the Crowne Plaza Basingstoke to start his 10 days mandatory quarantine.
- With his bank having blocked the payment of his quarantine hotel, Derek tried to speak to someone.
- ”There is a mention of “financial hardship” on the Government website’s page on managed quarantine.