Sumary of The UK’s top vineyards are ready to welcome visitors for what should be a corking summer:
- The UK now has 500 working vineyards, many offering tours and tastings, as well as restaurants and places to stay..
- Book a tour and a tasting of six wines or splurge at the restaurant The Swan, which sits above the vineyards, has two AA Rosettes and a Michelin Bib Gourmand, and specialises in locally sourced, modern British produce..
- Tillingham Wines in East Sussex is the new kid on the block — a biodynamic winery and restaurant serving imaginative and locally sourced food in a trendy, renovated hop farm with views across Rye and Romney Marsh..
- A lunch with wine at Gusbourne in Kent – known for its award-winning vintage sparkling wines A serious player on the English wine scene, Gusbourne is known for its award-winning vintage sparkling wines..
- The estate in Appledore, Kent, which dates back to 1410, hosts two-hour tours with wine tastings and an extended tour with lunch in the on-site restaurant, The Nest..
- Close your eyes and pretend you are in the Loire Valley on a visit to Charles Palmer Vineyards for a tour and tasting of three wines..
- Winery is another established superstar of the English wine scene, producing the award-winning Balfour label since 2002..
- Balfour Brut Rosé was the first English sparkling wine to be served in British Airways first class, and was the official English wine of the London 2012 Olympics….