Sumary of Holiday Gift Guide 2021: The Best Sparkling Wines From Spain:
- Meanwhile, some natural wineries have eschewed traditional cava-making methods and started using the trendy méthode ancéstrale.
- MORE FOR YOU This festive season, add some sparkle to your gift giving with these ten excellent bottles of fizz from Spain.
- IMAGE COURTESY RAVENTOS I BLANC Mas del Serral is made from a combination of Xarel·lo and Bastard Negre grapes, planted at Clos del Serral in Catalonia some 80 years ago.
- Llopart Original 1887. Image courtesy Llopart A tribute to the first sparkling wine ever made by Llopart, this beautiful bottle is a replica of one produced in 1887 by Pere Massana, the great-great-grandfather of the current Llopart generation.
- A limited edition of only 2,657 bottles, this Llopart Corpinnat is produced to respect traditional winemaking methods, using only the grapes from the oldest mountain vines in Llopart’s Les Flandes vineyards.
- Image courtesy Torelló The Torelló family may have been growing grapes since 1395 but there is nothing old fashioned about their fizz.