Sumary of Pioneering Shred Lords Show New ‘Approach’ To The Backcountry:
- The portrait is a symphony of sunlight, snaking lines and snowflakes that creates some of the most visually stunning cinematography in the outdoor world.
- Athletes meticulously plan routes, hoping for the perfect blend of snow, sun and cloud conditions to immortalize their run on film.
- The film, called “The Approach,” focuses on adaptive athletes, people of color and women shredding lines the envy of snow sport enthusiasts worldwide.
- The film showcases athletes tackling big mountain lines that are among the most respected in the .
- The Approach “The idea was to make a ski and snowboard film that showcases the ability of all the athletes,” says executive producer and big mountain icon Ingrid Backstrom.
- ” MORE FOR YOU An X-Games gold medalist and five-time Powder Awards winner for Best Female Performance, Backstrom has been a torchbearer for women athletes in the backcountry for nearly two decades.