Sumary of Nigeria: Onyema – Nigerian Pilots Deliver Greater Service to Airlines Than Expatriates:
- The Chairman/CEO of Air Peace, Allen Onyema, in this interview says indigenous pilots spend longer time serving airlines than expatriates..
- By way of comparison, do you think the indigenous personnel in aviation in Nigeria are doing well and do you prefer an expatriate especially in technical areas to Nigerian personnel?.
- For the Nigerian personnel my advice is that you perfect yourself in your field instead of putting money first..
- He was about 22 years, meanwhile he met some Nigerians who were already answering engineer and he overtook them..
- So when they say there are a lot of pilots in Nigeria that are not employed, they may be referring to pilots who have just graduated from training school and who have 200 hours from flying school..
- I have told Nigerians and the world at large that I created Air Peace because of the love of my country, just to create jobs..
- It is not as if we are making profit in our operations, but I said it in 2014, during launch that I am looking forward to a Nigerian airline through Air Peace that will one day declare profit and share it among staff..
- I am looking forward to a Nigerian airline where the workers in generations to come will be able to say my great, great grandfather worked in Air Peace, my grandfather worked in Air Peace, my own father worked in Air Peace, here I am working for Air Peace….