Sumary of Alexandra Dorda celebrates Filipino heritage, family history through her small-batch rum brand, Kasama:
- Alexandra wanted it to be a celebration of the Philippines and contains many nods to Filipino culture, flora and fauna.Photo by Gabby Cantero MANY young Filipinos around the globe have taken the world by storm in different arenas..
- One of them is Alexandra Dorda, an entrepreneur of Filipina and Polish heritage, who recently launched Kasama, a small-batch rum brand to a global market..
- I developed my love of this industry through my father, but I’m proud to continue the strong entrepreneurial tradition that we have on both sides of our family,”.
- Filipina-Polish entrepreneur Alexandra Dorda launched her own spirits brand, starting with the small-batch Kasama Rum..
- | Photo by Darya Buben Dorda added that as she grew up, she became more involved in the business — spending time at the family distillery in Poland, observing her parents develop new brands, and manning Chopin booths at food festivals..
- These experiences became invaluable to her as they added to her knowledge and skill set as well as allowed her to connect with hundreds of people in the alcohol industry..
- After toying with a few ideas and seeing that no existing rum brands spoke to her, Dorda eventually landed on Kasama, which is inspired by the native country of her mom Edna, who originally hails from Quezon City in the Philippines..
- Dorda describes Kasama Rum, which is distilled in the Philippines and bottled in the family distillery in Poland, as her own interpretation of what it means to be Filipino:…