Sumary of ‘Cook Real Hawai’i’ is Sheldon Simeon’s love letter to his family and the 50th state:
- Miyazaki © 2021 Multi-hyphenate Chef Sheldon Simeon, two-time Top Chef finalist and chef/owner of Tin Roof is adding another title: cookbook author.
- “The recipes contained in this book are not just dishes I’ve served at my restaurants, they’re foods that represent my culture and family, foods of great celebration and bounty, of poverty and humility,” Sheldon wrote.
- Sheldon is one of the most memorable Top Chef graduates and he has endeared himself not only to the fans of the show but also to fellow chefs.
- If you’re having some withdrawal symptoms from the recent end of the show’s Season 18 shot in Portland, head to Sheldon’s IG account @chefwonder weekly and watch him cook and chat with all-stars like fellow Fil-Am Dale Talde, Richard Blais, Brooke Williamson, and Melissa King.
- Sheldon was a solid fan favorite when he first competed in season 10.
- It took Chef Sheldon three-and-a-half years to complete the book, which he says contains moments and milestones that shaped the way he cooks today.
- Photo shows Sheldon with his dad, Reinior, cooking a classic pinakbet, a classic Ilocano dish they recreated using Hawaii’s fresh produce.
- Miyazaki © 2021 He says he has been “extraordinarily fortunate” in the two seasons he competed on the show as it brought him national exposure.