Sumary of FDA Warns, Don’t Eat Cicadas If You Are Allergic To Shellfish:
- (Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images) Getty Images In case, you are about to say, “I’ll have the cicadas,”.
- Don’t eat #cicadas if you’re allergic to seafood as these insects share a family relation to shrimp and lobsters.”.
- In other words, cicadas may be a little bit shellfish, so to speak, when it comes to causing a reaction in your body..
- So, if you are leaving the office early to get some cicada stew, if you are in the mood for some Brood X, heed the following warning:.
- They can range from mild symptoms to a severe whole body reaction called anaphylaxis, a life-threatening condition that typically requires epinephrine treatment as soon as possible..
- For the past 17 years, trillions of cicada nymphs have been staying underground throughout the Eastern and Midwestern parts of the U.S..
- of cicadas has been emerging from the ground, shedding their skins, basically saying, “those skins would look great on my bedroom floor,”…