Sumary of Five-Star Hospitality And The ‘Egoless Kitchen’: Chef Robert Sulatycky Joins Rosewood Sand Hill:
- I asked the phenomenally well-trained waitress (and rising restaurant manager) Audrey Boisvert at the Rosewood Sand Hill, a Five Star hotel (Forbes-rated) situated on Menlo Park Sand Hill Road, in the heart of the Silicon Valley venture capital landscape..
- Sulatycky has come in to helm the Madera kitchen after a variety of ventures, all food and beverage-related but nonetheless taking him out of the kitchen..
- So when I spotted Chef Robert in the opulent Madera kitchen (which is wide open to all eyes in the center of the restaurant) with his sleeves literally rolled up, working the line, I thought, “Wow, that’s actual work he’s doing,”.
- Though each of the ventures that I’ve gone into over the last few years is related to food—I’ve got a vineyard up on Mount Veeder [Mithra Winery];.
- “Ultra-luxury is about accommodation, and what I call the ‘complexity of simplicity.’ As you mature as a chef, you come to respect that a dining experience is not just dinner in the evening in a fine-dining restaurant….