Sumary of How to make fruit fool – recipe | Felicity Cloake’s masterclass:
- 450g rhubarb, or other seasonal fruit (see step 1)5 tbsp sugar300ml double cream, chilled100ml Greek yoghurt, chilled (optional;.
- 6 Whip the cream… Pour the chilled cream into a large bowl and use a whisk (or electric beaters or a food mixer) to beat it until it stands up in soft, droopy peaks..
- I mix in a little yoghurt to make the fool a bit lighter, but you can use 400ml cream, or drain off the liquid from 400ml yoghurt to make it really thick and use that instead..
- 7 … or a vegan alternative To make your fool vegan, substitute a mixture of thick, plant-based yoghurt and whippable, plant-based cream for the above, or whizz up 300g drained silken tofu in a food processor until smooth, then fold in 100ml whipped plant-based cream..
- 8 Add the fruit Gently fold the cooled fruit into the whipped dairy, so you get a ripple effect, rather than a smooth mixture;…