Sumary of How to make shortbread – recipe | Felicity Cloake’s masterclass:
- The world may have gone mad for spiced speculoos this year, but, for me, Christmas will always be all about two biscuits: gingerbread, for decorations, and shortbread, for actual consumption.
- Easy to make and a genuine crowdpleaser, shortbread will keep well for several weeks, which makes it the gift that keeps on giving well into the dark days of January.
- (Salt, for me, is mandatory, just as in porridge, but they’re your biscuits, so leave it out if you prefer.
- Ground rice, which is coarser than rice flour, gives these biscuits their characteristic grittiness;
- 4 To make large rounds …If you’d like to make traditional shortbread rounds, line two 15cm cake or tart tins with baking paper.
- 5 … or little biscuitsTo make individual biscuits, on a lightly floured surface, roll out or pat the dough until it’s about 1cm thick, then cut it into your desired shapes.