Sumary of Liam Charles’ recipe for salted peanut butter caramel and chocolate tart | The sweet spot:
- We’re going to celebrate the Liam way with something tasty and indulgent that will leave you wanting more: chocolate pastry, ganache and – trust me when I say this – the most sensational peanut butter caramel sandwiched in between the two.
- Tip the flour, cocoa powder, butter and icing sugar into a food processor and blitz until the mix resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Heat slowly until the sugar crystals dissolve and the mix turns into a light caramel.
- Add the remaining sugar and cook for about 15 minutes, until you have an amber caramel.
- Add the chunks of butter a little at a time, mixing to melt, then stir in the peanut butter.
- Put the pan back on the heat and bring the caramel to 120C (use a food thermometer).