Sumary of Pairing Wine With Sushi:
- ): Generally, a high-acid, white wine will pair best with a wider range of fish.
- These are going to be wines made from grapes like Chardonnay, Riesling, Chenin Blanc, Sauvignon Blanc and Grüner Veltliner.
- : A lighter white fish, such as snapper, is beautiful with a crisp Chablis from Burgundy.
- I love to pair a red Burgundy, Santa Rita Hills’ Pinot Noir, or Beaujolais with a fattier, more protein rich fish such as O Toro or Bonito.
- A luscious Viognier from Condrieu or a white wine with a little bottle age is fabulous with scallop.
- High-acid white varietals include Chardonnay, Riesling, Sauvignon Blanc, Grüner Veltliner and Chenin Blanc.