Sumary of Penne for your thoughts: a love letter to my favourite pasta shape:
- The truth is complicated – but if I had to pick one food to live on for the rest of my life, it would be pasta.
- Every night, my mouth watered all over the table as Mum and Dad cooked luscious spaghetti;
- As I got older, pasta was the food I first learned to cook, experimenting with different sauces, spices, herbs, and an array of vegetables.
- When I went to university at 18, I took my books, my favourite teddy bear, and my pasta skills.
- With Jamie Oliver and Nigella Lawson as my guides I learned more about Italian cuisine, and soon discovered a whole new world of pasta I never even knew existed (as well as the life-changing trick of adding a dash of pasta water to your sauce).
- But there comes a point in every pasta lover’s life when you have to commit.