Sumary of Ravneet Gill’s recipe for peanut butter mousse bars | The sweet spot:
- You can set the mousse into any shape moulds you have to hand, ready to pop out and dip into chocolate;
- Use your favourite peanut butter here – I like dark roasted chunky peanut butter, because I love the texture and contrast of the peanuts through the mousse.Peanut butter mousse barsPrep 10 minChill 4 hr+Cook 40 minMakes 7-8 bars2 gelatine leaves (I use Dr Oetker)100ml whole milk50g caster sugar3 egg yolks20g maple syrup75g peanut butter 1 pinch sea salt (I use Maldon)200ml double cream100g milk chocolate20ml neutral oil10g chopped peanuts or cocoa nibsSoak the gelatine leaves in ice-cold water.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolks and maple syrup, then pour in the hot milk and whisk to combine.Return the mixture to the saucepan and, using a spatula, cook over a low-medium heat until it reaches coating consistency.
- Take off the heat.Squeeze out the excess water from the gelatine leaves, then add to the pan and stir to dissolve.
- Add the peanut butter and salt, mix really well, then pour into a large bowl and leave to cool until it’s no longer hot to the touch.Meanwhile, whisk the cream to soft peaks, then stir this through the cooled peanut butter mix, using a whisk to knock out any lumps.Pour the mixture into moulds or glasses.