Sumary of Slice of life: 10 delicious ways to make the most of watermelon:
- On every supermarket trip, my three-year-old sees a watermelon and demands a watermelon, only to eat the daintiest slice of watermelon once he home..
- So, in a bid to combat this crushing watermelon ennui – and because it happens to be watermelon season – I have collected 10 of the best watermelon recipes on the internet..
- Watermelon, chorizo and crisp chickpea salad Supporting performer … watermelon, chorizo and crisp chickpea salad..
- The watermelon is much more of a supporting performer here, nestled among tomatoes, lettuce, radishes, spring onions, chorizo and pitta bread..
- Jonathan Lovekin/The Observer I have a feeling that my kid would go for Nigel Slater salad of ham, watermelon and basil, because it comes in big, identifiable chunks and is served with a very pleasing natural yoghurt dressing..
- Sarsmis/Getty Images/iStockphoto It might be because I’m writing this on the hottest day of the year, but the idea of a watermelon gazpacho has never sounded so tempting..
- It primarily pureed watermelon, with the addition of lime, tomato, garlic, cucumber, onion and jalapeño pepper..
- Tom Hunt/The Guardian Something I’ve found with watermelon is that the rind can fill a food waste caddy like nothing else….