Sumary of Thomasina Miers’ recipe for Mexican-style pizza with pea hummus | The simple fix:
- There, the dough is made with corn, but here I make my own simple wheat tortillas or, if I’m in a rush, use ready-made ones from the shops..
- Tlayudas with pea hummus, sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella We love the combination of pea hummus and sun-dried tomatoes, but you can spread the tortillas with anything you want, including dulce de leche, bananas and toasted hazelnuts..
- Tip the peas into a food processor, add the chickpeas, garlic, a teaspoon of salt, olive oil, tahini, mint, the juice of one lemon and a tablespoon of water, and season generously..
- Meanwhile, lay a tortilla in a large, ovenproof frying pan and turn the heat to medium-low so it warms through gently..
- Spread a quarter of the hummus all over the surface of the tortilla, then scatter over some sun-dried tomatoes and a quarter of the mozzarella on top….