Sumary of 10 of Folkestone’s best new bars and restaurants:
- With palm trees, sun sails (surprisingly effective at a scorching lunchtime) and gleaming white terrace boasting ocean views, it’s more Ibiza than Kent coast.
- Photograph: Stephen EmmsHalf a decade after Rocksalt came another key moment for the Folkestone food scene, when Kentish chef David Hart opened his tiny, acclaimed Folkestone Wine Company.
- Photograph: Stephen EmmsAnother key moment in Folkestone’s emergence as a food destination was the 2016 regeneration of the harbour arm into a breeding ground for young hospitality businesses.
- Its new Goods Yard street-food market, offering everything from pizza to poke, opened fully this spring, a large social space with a giant screen for matches and movies.
- Photograph: Stephen EmmsThe Rendezvous Street area is full of good options, with several – such as Luben pizzeria, Tin &
- Tap Rooms and pan-Asian diner Market Square – owned by nearby Church Street gastropub The Pullman.