Sumary of 93% Of TSA Employees Are Vaccinated Ahead Of Thanksgiving Travel Weekend:
- The vast majority of TSA workers have gotten shots in their arms in compliance with the federal vaccine mandate.
- (Photo by David McNew) Getty Images If you run into any long lines at the airport over Thanksgiving weekend, don’t blame it on the federal vaccine mandate.
- “Since the President announced the vaccination requirement for federal employees in September, TSA has continued to make significant progress ensuring compliance across the agency—and implementation of the requirement will not result in any disruptions to critical services that the American people depend on,” said Langston.
- The TSA had not offered an update on the agency’s compliance since October 13. At that time, TSA Administrator David Pekoske told CNN that “about 60% of our workforce has been vaccinated, that that number needs to go quite a bit higher over the next few weeks.
- ” Since then, and until yesterday, the TSA was not saying how much the compliance needle had moved, only that the agency would be ready for the holiday volume and that the employee vaccine mandate would not impact travel this weekend.