Sumary of A couple flying to Las Vegas didn't realize their Chihuahua was hiding in their suitcase until the airline said it was too heavy:
- A couple flying to Vegas didn’t know their dog was in their suitcase until they were at the airport.
- A Southwest Airlines employee told Kristi and Jared Owens that their luggage was too heavy.
- A Texas couple said they did not realize that their pet chihuahua was hiding in their suitcase until airline employees alerted them that the bag was too heavy.
- In a post shared to Facebook on September 26, Jared Owens, 39, and his wife Kristi, 36, said that they were due to fly to Las Vegas when they were told their suitcase was roughly 6 pounds over the limit at the airport.
- The couple told Insider they were trying to rearrange their luggage at Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport in Texas with the help of Cathy Cook, a Southwestern Airlines employee, when they discovered Icky in one of Jared’s cowboy boots.
- We had no clue and as soon as we unzipped it, she just came crawling right out,” said Kristi.