Sumary of ABTA unveils plans for travel day of action:
- The move, designed to pressure the government into a safe return to international travel, comes as patience runs thin with incompetence and indecision in Westminster..
- The day of action will be calling on the government to allow international travel to return safely, while also demanding a package of tailored financial support for the sector..
- “We have been working together since the start of the pandemic to make the sector case on what the industry needs to get through this crisis and return safely to international travel..
- The event is intended to generate and attract national media attention and will also seek to gain traction on social media..
- The day of action will take place on June 23rd, just ahead of when the government is expected to discuss and decide on the next steps for international travel, with an announcement currently scheduled for June 28th…