Sumary of Airline stocks, Boeing tumble as Covid cases climb:
- Passengers board an American Airlines flight at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport in Arlington, Virginia on April 11, 2021.Andrew Caballero-Reynolds | AFP | Getty ImagesTravel demand has surged since the spring.
- The Transportation Security Administration screened nearly 2.23 million people at U.S. airports on Sunday, the most since Feb.
- 28, 2020, weeks before the World Health Organization declared Covid a pandemic.
- But concerns over the fast-spreading delta variant of Covid, now the dominant strain in the U.S., weighed on the market broadly Monday.
- International and business travel have been largely missing from airlines’ recent rebound in bookings, though executives earlier this month said they have started to recover.