Sumary of Amadeus trials auto bag drops at Heathrow airport:
- The system uses proximity sensors to allow passengers to check-in their luggage without touching the screens on the kiosks.
- The new contactless experience has initially been installed on six auto bag drop units provided by ICM Airport Technics, an Amadeus company.
- The trial means passengers using any of the trial units can drop their luggage “quickly, safely and easily”.
- The Amadeus contactless solution sees an infra-red proximity sensor installed along the top edge of the bag drop screen, which detects the passenger’s finger as far as three cm from the screen surface.
- “That’s why we’re delighted to be working with Amadeus to trial these touchless self-service bag drop units.