Sumary of An astounding number of people flocked to Yellowstone in August — enough to set a record:
- (CNN) — With health experts steering travelers toward outdoor destinations and activities during the pandemic, US national parks have been a natural magnet.
- Yellowstone National Park set a record for visits in August, the National Park Service said in a news release.
- Busy all summerAn influx of visitors is forcing Arches National Park in Utah to temporarily shut its gates almost daily.
- The National Park Service is anticipating one of its busiest summers on record, so Arches won’t be the only popular park where crowds could be an issue.
- This news comes as no surprise to folks who have been part of the huge waves trying to gain entrance to popular national parks all summer.
- Outlook for fallThe National Park Service says you shouldn’t count on the crowds thinning out too much for autumn, either.