Sumary of Backlash to Qld’s new quarantine plan:
- Tourism leaders say Queensland’s quarantine plan will ‘kill’ travel to the state unless one thing changes for vaccinated people coming in.
- Queensland may as well kiss international tourism goodbye if arriving passengers are made to quarantine at a new purpose-built facility at Toowoomba, industry leaders have warned.
- Flight Centre boss Graham Turner was left wondering what Queensland tourism would look like if international arrivals had to be bussed or flown to Toowoomba for a two-week stint in quarantine.
- He said Qantas had already announced it was looking to resume international flights from December if quarantine rules were relaxed and this was likely to go against the convention of the rest of the country.
- it must be being built for a future pandemic or a new variant, I presume,” Mr Turner said.
- “If it was built for this pandemic, it is going to kill tourism permanently for Queensland and possibly interstate tourism as well.