Sumary of Britons to save hundreds on half-term holiday with new Covid test rule – how it works:
- From October 22, holidaymakers will be able to take a lateral flow test at home but will need to take a picture of their test and send it online to prove the result.
- This new and more relaxed measure comes after it has been found lateral flow tests are more accurate than what was previously thought.
- Researchers from the University College London explained lateral flow tests are very effective at detecting the people most likely to spread COVID- 19.They claimed lateral flow tests results are accurate and should be trusted.
- UCL explained if travellers get positive lateral flow results, they “should trust them and stay at home”.
- Government travel advice announced last week: “From late October, eligible fully vaccinated passengers including under 18s returning from a rest of world country will have the option to replace their day two test with a cheaper lateral flow test, followed by a free PCR test if positive, reducing the cost of tests on arrival into England.