Sumary of CAA urges travellers to cash in £130m in refund credit notes:
- The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is advising holidaymakers issued with refund credit notes during the Covid-19 pandemic to redeem their credit as international travel continues to open up.
- Unspent ATOL protected refund credit notes currently total over £130 million, the body said.
- In July last year, the ATOL scheme announced that consumers who accepted refund credit notes for cancelled ATOL protected holidays would continue to be covered.
- This protection applied to refund credit notes issued from March 10th last year.
- From midnight on December 19th, ATOL holders will no longer be able to issue ATOL protected refund credit notes for holidays cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic.